Join our guesthouse in the historical Shimabara district, Kyoto, Japan
male, female, thirties, speaking:English, Japanese nationality Holder, working Holiday Visa Holder
Ageya-cho, Nishishinyashiki, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto City
Free Accommodation, helper
cleaning, check out, customer service
●How to apply
We are Guest House hachi from Kyoto’s historical Shimabara district.
Guest House team consists of young and humorous people who enjoy working with international guests and share their favorite spots of the city with them to give our guests a great experience in Kyoto.
Takuji and Onur started renovating the 90 years old house in January 2017 and opened in July 2017.
This is a great space to be yourself and meet similar minded, easy going and funny co-workers and guests from all over the world.
If you have any questions please contact us !
If you are able to have a daily conversation both in English and Japanese (as long as you are friendly and willing to learn, your level of Japanese won’t be a problem), have knowledge about Kyoto ( we can help you out with that), are open-minded, friendly and like to meet people from all over the world, please join our team!
■ Number of work days
10 shits per month (17-19 hours per week)
■ Working hours
from 21:00 to 13:00 / 13:30
(from 23:00 to 8:00 you can sleep in the staff room)
■ Main contents of duties:
1) from 21:00 to 23:00
– Assisting guests (since our check in time ends at 21:00, you do not have to do the check ins usually)
– Keeping the common areas clean and tidy
– Turn off the lights, lock the entrance door at 23:00
2) from 8:00 to13:00 / 13:30
– Morning duties (open the counter, check the common areas, put bread and jam on the counter for breakfast etc)
– Assist guests & Check out
– Cleaning & Bed making
■ We provide:
One bed in the staff room (4 people) and electricity, gas and water used at the guest house and a simple breakfast.
910yen per hour for the hours over the contract.
– Anyone who is on working holiday visa or student visa with working permission.
– Basic ~ Conversational Japanese (as long as you are friendly and willing to learn, your level of Japanese won’t be a problem)
– Fluency in English.
If you have any questions please let us know!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
EN:Takuji & Onur
EN:Ageya-cho, Nishishinyashiki, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto City